Ibo Island has been Awarded Runner Up For Best Marine Property in Africa! and four other awards in the 2014 Safari Awards.
Ibo Island has been described as one of the most unique, magical and romantic islands in Africa. Historically once Mozambique’s mighty trading centre, today the island still has ancient forts and beautiful architecture to explore. The lodge overlooks the bay where you can watch traditional dhows sail out to sea and the sun sets directly in front offering magnificent views. There are three swimming pools, tropical gardens and the sound of palm trees on the breeze. Everyone’s favorite spot is the roof terrace restaurant and bar that serves cocktails under the stars. The waters surrounding Ibo Island host some of the most beautiful islands and beaches in the Archipelago, and the sand bank beach that guests boat out to each day is truly stunning and offers a totally unique beach experience. Ibo Island Lodge is a very popular choice and includes a number of daily activities.
- Daily flights from JNB, Dar and Nairobi to Pemba (far north of Mozambique)
- Short Transfer from Pemba to Ibo via “scheduled Charter”
- 14 individually designed elegant rooms with aircon, antiques and designed for comfort in 150 year old beautifully restored mansions
- Activities include famous trip to hidden sandbank and historical tours
- Cultural tours including the islands silver smiths
- Padi diver centre
- Mobile island hopping safaris by dhow in the Quirimbas Archipelago
- Ideal to package within Quirimbas/Azura Quilalea, Vamizi, Medjumbe and Guludo
LISTED ON WETU